Flash Portal PSA #1 Flash Portal PSA #1

Haha

I love the idiots who give this a bad review/blam just because they can't face the truth that the flash portal is one of the most widely spammed places on the internet, aside from 4chan. In fact, I'm almost positive that they take part in it too.

Movies that are considered spam:
God-awful groups such as FFF.
Horrible anime flashes done in less than an hour.
Shitty quality voice dubs that are not amusing.
Horrible games that are incomplete.
Kiddies uploading their "projects" they did for school (ie, something that should be a powerpoint and NOT on Newgrounds).
Unfunny, uncreative sprite movies done with stolen content.
The SAME OLD tribute movies that have been done OVER 9000 times (stick movies were cool 2 years ago, lets broaden our horizons people).

I could go on for hours.

Point in case... You don't need to have a tablet to draw well. You don't need to have a really expensive mic to get good vocals. Hell, you don't need to have a million dollar idea to make an awesome movie... but you actually HAVE TO WANT TO MAKE IT.

10/10 for the truth.
Hopefully more PSA's to come in the future, that are longer with some funny vocals (like the Zach Braff PSA)

Rolling Along Rolling Along

Nice

For as "simple" as this seemed, it was actually really cool. I like it a lot, the music fits really well, the animation is almost flawless. I think there was only one part where I felt a little disoriented as to the direction the ball was traveling, when it shot upwards between the collumns? It was sort of towards the beginning. Didn't really take away from the movie though. I could tell that you put a lot of effort into it.

Not really a suggestion, but I could totally see this being an intro for a really awesome game...

farfenwaffle responds:

flawless? flawless?! wow man! that makes me really happy :D im also not quite sure what your talking about but i think your talking about the part where its going down the shaft/tube? and the area keeps getting smaller right? yeah that part is a little weird but i had to get it out somehow :P

HOSUE [sic] HOSUE [sic]

Perfect

This is probably the only new movie in the past week that made me laugh until I cried.

You sir, get a 5/5 for total awesomeness

Mucus filled sphincter Mucus filled sphincter

Oh dear...

Well, I slaute you sir, for saying what we all think about the FFF and their shitty movies, but did you really have to stoop to their level with the same crappy quality of flash?

D:

Das Egg Das Egg

Not bad.

The animation itself was pretty good, you just need to add a stop(), replay button and a loading bar and you'd be set.

About the other reviews of it being "pointless"... it seemed like it had a point/plotline to me, but it just wasnt as pronounced as some other movies. It wasn't pointless.

Another note, dragonforce is pretty cool, but you should probably smack your friend for making it x200, it was way too fast. Appropriate song, but speeding it up just made it annoying.

KillerCRS responds:

I'll resubmit it with a preloader at a later date.

Fågelskrämman Fågelskrämman

Great job!

This was a really nice balance between a deep and symbolic message and beatifully rendered artwork. The animation itself was smooth and very well done. The music choice was great, I think using voices would have just messed up the flow of the piece.

One thing that sort of bothered me was the way the calendar spun when the pages were flying off of it. It was a little too distracting, and didn't fuse well over the image of the scarecrow. That was a good way to show passing time, I'm just not sure about it spinning like that.

Other than that, excellent job. Keep up the awesome work. :]