I love the idiots who give this a bad review/blam just because they can't face the truth that the flash portal is one of the most widely spammed places on the internet, aside from 4chan. In fact, I'm almost positive that they take part in it too.
Movies that are considered spam:
God-awful groups such as FFF.
Horrible anime flashes done in less than an hour.
Shitty quality voice dubs that are not amusing.
Horrible games that are incomplete.
Kiddies uploading their "projects" they did for school (ie, something that should be a powerpoint and NOT on Newgrounds).
Unfunny, uncreative sprite movies done with stolen content.
The SAME OLD tribute movies that have been done OVER 9000 times (stick movies were cool 2 years ago, lets broaden our horizons people).
I could go on for hours.
Point in case... You don't need to have a tablet to draw well. You don't need to have a really expensive mic to get good vocals. Hell, you don't need to have a million dollar idea to make an awesome movie... but you actually HAVE TO WANT TO MAKE IT.
10/10 for the truth.
Hopefully more PSA's to come in the future, that are longer with some funny vocals (like the Zach Braff PSA)
For as "simple" as this seemed, it was actually really cool. I like it a lot, the music fits really well, the animation is almost flawless. I think there was only one part where I felt a little disoriented as to the direction the ball was traveling, when it shot upwards between the collumns? It was sort of towards the beginning. Didn't really take away from the movie though. I could tell that you put a lot of effort into it.
Not really a suggestion, but I could totally see this being an intro for a really awesome game...
flawless? flawless?! wow man! that makes me really happy :D im also not quite sure what your talking about but i think your talking about the part where its going down the shaft/tube? and the area keeps getting smaller right? yeah that part is a little weird but i had to get it out somehow :P
This is probably the only new movie in the past week that made me laugh until I cried.
You sir, get a 5/5 for total awesomeness
Took me about 30 minutes or so to beat "Harmony", currently working on "Inferno", but I have a few comments so far.
1. I know that having ads is important for some "revenue" for a game, but mochi tends to interrupt my gameplay every 8 minutes or so with an advertisement. Granted, that isnt that frequently, and actually pauses the game, but I found it to be annoying after the fourth time or so that it happened.
2. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can sort of "cheat" my way through some levels by forcing bricks to go in the places I want them to, such as under already existing bricks, or into the slots on the starting pad. Sometimes they even stick to the starting pad, such as in level 33, the long 4-block brick can be "forced" longways inbetween the two circle pads.
3. I like that it saves my progress as a cookie, but all of the levels for inferno are unlocked after I beat "Harmony". I would like to see all 40 of them unlocked as they are compleated, since they actually are kinda different than "Harmony" (more bricks, different time bonus countdown etc).
4. The graphics are pretty cool for "Harmony", but I'm not sure if I'm digging the worn-industrial look and the random background for "Inferno". Come to think of it, "Harmony" looks a bit like super-zoomed in cells, maybe some zen-looking background would have been more appropriate?
5. This is my own fault, since I tend to not read instructions, but I didn't realize until level 5 that you can rotate the blocks, but insted I used the directional pad... only to find out that the left key takes you to the previous trial, while the right key roates the brick. Perhaps disable that for retards such as myself (and I promise I'll be careful to read the directions from now on haha).
Overall though, very good game. I'll be completing "Inferno" (On level 8 so far) just for kicks. 5/5 for keeping me entertained.
1. Whoa, I always integrate the ads at the final stage of the project, and don't play that long to see how often the ads appear. Mochi's docs say there should be a delay of 15 minutes built in, but it seems I'll need to set up my own timer, 8 mins is too little...
2. That's a feature in the physics engine (Box2D). If I made it so that you could drop only shapes when they are not colliding with anything, that might make the game impossible... Needs tweaking for sure.
3. I thought the Inferno levels were so difficult that people might want to skip those they couldn't solve...
4. Yup, we tried Yoga background first, but couldn't come up with a good one... :P Graphics are always a small/big question mark for us, but fortunately we've now found a guy who wants to help us in that department. ;)
5. You are not the first one to say that... Yeah, better instructions. ;)
Needs some work
This game still needs quite a bit of work. Not bad for your first platform game (assuming it was the first one you've done), but it's not really finished material. The graphics are simple, effective, but overall boring. You might want to have a seperate splash screen to the opening of the game. You can just press "Done" to go to the next level without finishing the current level. There's no way to restart a level if you die somehow. If you're going to make a non-shooting platform game, atleast add some monsters to avoid, or something else other than jumping around.
Good intentions, a pretty decent start, but this really isnt a finished piece.
thanks for the very well needed advice on my first platform game
Not too bad--
--Sort of relaxing in the beginning. The actual game graphics were nice, and the gameplay was addicting enough to make me give it a second try.
Splash screen for the actual game could use a little work though, and the icon for the game is a little deceptive. Also, you should probably give the "how to play" a better tutorial on a clean page, rather than putting it in the extra space on the menu. If you lose lives off of the tail end, you should probably specify that in the "how to play" as well, since I wasn't aware of that until the game started to speed up and I tried to dodge and go around things, only to have my tail (which isn't glowing like the front end, I assumed it wasn't vulnerable) cut off. You can't get the points/lives all the way at the top of the screen though because of the "stat" bar.
Overall though its a decent game. I liked it.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.